10.23.2010

A time for gratitude

Angela and baby Wylie
There is nothing more sad than attending the funeral of a young woman and her unborn baby.  I am so heartbroken over the loss of Angela and so sad for her husband and family. She and I were going to have little boys that were the same age, they were going to grow up together and I was going to have a friend who lived close and could talk to about our motherly woes.  Yes, I'm very sad.  But I have never heard and seen such an outpouring of love and hope as I saw today.  We heard from her mother, father, sister, and husband.  They talked about her example, how much she loved her family, and how positive they were that she was an angel sent here for this short time to touch so many lives.  And that now she will get to raise her baby in heaven until her husband gets to meet her there someday.  I know (as Angela's family does) that our father in Heaven has a plan for each of us, here and in heaven.  He needed her there as much as he needs us here.  I'm thinking a lot today about how grateful I am for my purpose here, for the people and things I get to enjoy while I'm here. 

 My incredible little family...
...including ALL of my family and Aaron's too, and our new little boys...

...the incredible place that we live, and the fact that we've had an amazing fall (unlike last year)...
Just so many things.  I love life, however long or short it will be.

PS-Sorry I forgot to mention that the belly pic is Angela and not me.  She was due the 18th and I am due the 14th.

4 comments:

Daryn N said...

Thanks Whit for the reminder of what's important in life :) I love you.
ps....i thought you were due the 14th....did it change to the 18th?
Garyper McKee

Sharon McKee said...

Awww! You are such a cute pregnant! I love the picture of your belly with the note. It's good for me to be reminded that our children are gifts from God. (Today they feel more like a curse)
I am sorry about Angela too. I am glad their family is strong and that they have the gospel.

Amber said...

i'm so sorry to hear about your friend. I just had a good friend lose a baby too. It's tough-- and hard to be pregnant and watch someone you love go through something so hard. It definitely makes me grateful for having two healthy kids.

Jannet said...

I found my eyes completely tearing over at that post. It's so true... we never know how anything will turn out, or how long any of us will live. I am just so thankful each and every day for my beautiful children and grandchildren. (Especially the one up there in the pink tutu..."omgosh." Okay, that's the one I'm gonna try to draw!)

Seriously, Angela's baby bowed tummy just about did me in...