9.29.2010

Compromise

Our TWO BOYS can be both athletic and artistic, right??
We're so excited! We found out on Monday. The top picture is "baby boy B", we couldn't get a profile picture of "baby boy A". But the bottom pic is there two heads together :) So cute.  
By the way, I'm not going to Madison Women's Clinic, even though it says so on my ultrasound.  My doctor wanted me to get a second opinion with ultrasounds because he's a family practitioner and not an OB.  So that's where he sent me.  Well my "second opinion" went like this (after the ultrasound girl left):
Dr. Barton:{walks in and sits down, doesn't say a word, looks at my chart}
Me: {uncomfortably} I see you went to Northwestern. Thats really neat, I grew up in Michigan.
Dr. B:{Nothing, still looking at chart}
Me: {still uncomfortable...is he going to say anything?}
Dr. B: So you're a patient of Dr. Hopkin?
Me: Yes
Dr. B: You know that your pregnancy is considered high risk because you're having twins?
Me: Yes I do
Dr. B: {Back to chart....2 minutes later stands to leave} Ok, thank you.
Me: So are we done? We can leave?
Dr. B: {Already out the door and who knows where}

I love you Dr. Hopkin! (But I hope he doesn't see this, because that's awkward)

11 comments:

Jannet said...

I think I like Dr. Hopkin way better too. But seriously, that was really the extent of the Dr. Barton consultation? Wow.

Oh and also, how does one keep track of Baby A and Baby B when they're moving around in there so much? And how does one know that Baby A will necessarily come first? This is all so new!

Loved the ballet barre pic! Think of Attila. And then think of him being much, much taller! haha

Sharon McKee said...

I think Dr. Barton is personally offended you aren't coming to him with your "high risk pregnancy." Blah! He was pretty curt with me a few times.

Daryn N said...

that was so funny! Thank you for the commentary :)

here's one you might actually like (or at least aaron might like): Acker McKee

Sharon McKee said...

And I am already gaga over your babies!

Megan Potter said...

What a jerk, I hope he does see this post (not likely). He didn't even respond to you!! I hope you didn't have to pay anything for his opinion:)

Mason & Laura said...

2 BOYS!!! How exciting! Congratulations! What a very awkward encounter with Dr. B. But I did greatly appreciate your humorous play-by-play :)

(and I just love your family picture!)

Denisse said...

Congrats Whitney! That's so exciting!:) You are going to be a busy mommy! Good luck with this pregnancy, I hope all goes well!

BTW, I used to go to Madison Women't Clinic when I was pregnant with Brielle and Braden and I ALWAYS wanted to avoid Dr. Barton at all cause! He really has ZERO bedside manner! He should have never gone into OB!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Yay! I was thinking about you today and thought I bet she's having two boys, that's my guess...and I was right! That is so cool! They'll be the best of buddies and jade will love playing mommy with them! I am so happy for you! You look wonderful and what a crazy weird doctor to have such poor bedside manners!

Amber said...

congrats!!! boys are SO FUN!!!!! that's awesome. and you are barely showing considering you have TWO in there. but it's a very cute baby bump :)

Tricia said...

Wahoo-two boys! I had Dr. Barton and can totally understand your situation. He has interesting bedside manner.

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

what a loser! He delivered my first...I don't think I ever saw him in the clinic and WHALA, he was on call when I went into the hospital. Definitely needs to retire, the old crab. Your baby bump is beautiful, how amazing that you are having twins.