I had a really bad day at church today. It doesn't really matter why, but I could barely keep from crying through the first 2 meetings and finally had to ask Aaron if we could just go home. I was sick of people asking me if I was ok. Anyway, I just found this talk and was very touched by it so I wanted to share. Its not very long and it has some great points. Or maybe it was just what I needed today. In case you don't want to go read it, here's a good story from it. There's always two ways to look at things...
When I was young I looked forward to the spring of the year. As the weather warmed, I was ready for baseball to begin. Like most young boys, I would wish that I could become a great baseball player. I am reminded of a story about a very young boy with similar dreams. With the desire to become the next mighty ballplayer, he decided to go outside and practice. He held the baseball in one hand and the bat in the other, and he threw the ball into the air. With a wish to hit the ball as far as he could, he took a great swing, but the ball fell to the ground without even touching the wood of the bat. Not to be denied, he went at it again. As he was about to throw the ball in the air, his determination grew as the thought of a powerful hit came into his mind. But alas, the results were the same. The ball lay on the ground. But as any good ballplayer knows, you have three strikes before you are out. He concentrated even more, threw the ball in the air, and gave the mightiest swing he had ever attempted. As the ball again fell to the ground, the tears began to swell in his eyes. Then all of a sudden a great smile appeared, and he said, “What a pitcher!”
-Elder James Martino
live poultry market near me
3 years ago
4 comments:
So, sometimes I feel like we lead similar lives :) only I have no kids. However, I want you to know that I'm praying for you. Even without knowing all the details, I know that the Lord knows what you need and so I'll ask Him :) I love that story, and since you shared that with me, I have some to share with you (they're books):
1. The Peacegiver
2. The Holy Secret
3. The Anatomy of Peace
I really loved these books. I've read all of them within the past week and a half, and its helped me, along with scripture study, to keep moving forward.
Love you Whit. Call me if you need anything, anything at all. 801-585-4219.
xoxo
Awww honey... why so sad? Love you and am so proud of you... forever and always! You have no idea.
But loved the metaphor!.. or anology... Much wisdom there.
we love you, sweetie~
And we will always be here for you!!
XXXXXXXXXXOOOOOOOOOOOO
grandpa and grandma
i love that story. thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment