12.18.2009

Perspective

Its amazing what a little ice on the road can do for your perspective on life...


Moral of the story: DON'T USE YOUR CELL PHONE WHILE YOU'RE DRIVING!!

Added later: The more I look at these pictures the more I think they don't look that scary. But let me tell you, I didn't just casually slide off the road. I went off the road, hit a big bump in the grass and was airborn before landing and sliding like 10 yards in the ditch. It was much more violent of a ride than the picture makes it look like! And then today as I was driving I kept looking at all the places I COULD have went off the road along that same road. I was lucky to go off where I did because along that road is the river, a lot of telephone poles and fences, and horses and cows, not to mention much steeper slopes into the ditch! I know nothing happened, but it made me realize just how much our Heavenly Father is looking out for us. It could have been so much worse!

On a happy note...isn't my little girl the cutest?

5 comments:

Sharon McKee said...

Last winter I got stuck SEVEN TIMES! And it was that truck that rescued me every time! I feel for you, It is an awful feeling, and very frustrating.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

wow hope you are all ok. (wait that is your car isn't it?)

Amber said...

oh no!! i slid off the road once in michigan... it wasn't fun. and yes-- she is the cutest :)

Daryn N said...

I'm so glad you're safe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't answer my calls when you're driving please!

Jannet said...

Oh No!!! Where was that? Sounds like you're ok! How'd you get your car out???