I saw New Moon last night (surprise!) and I looooved it! (surprise again...)
I won't try to push anyone into seeing it, but I came up with a theory. On the way home Aaron said "I liked it ok but I just don't understand what the big deal is". So I thought about it--seeing as how I'm not the only 20-30+something woman who has fallen head over heals for this story. And I came to a realization.




My favorite movies of every time period in my life all have one thing in common. They're all about star-crossed lovers. Even as a 6 year old when I saw Little Mermaid 7 times in the theater, I was drawn to these stories about people who are not supposed to be, but are so in love that they will do anything! Maybe that's not such a huge revelation, but it kind of was for me. There's something about those stories.
And I'm going to see it again next weekend...
I'd love to hear your theories and what you thought if you saw it already.
live poultry market near me
3 years ago
8 comments:
i haven't seen it.... but I can't wait. i'm sure it was amazing :)
ahhhh I havent seen it yet. I agree with your theory. I also think its because deep down every woman wants the same thing Anne of Green Gables wanted. A man who could be wicked, but wouldn't.
It's that magnetic draw of the forbidden. Take it from me...
Under the sea... Under the sea... yada yada
Wow, how did you turn out so good?
Can't wait to see it with you next weekend!
I saw it openning night and loved it!! I would have to agree with the star-crossed lovers thing. When I fall for someone or something, I can't really give up on it until it gives up on me.
I chuckled when I read this post because I totally took a trip down memory lane. I remember all of those loves of yours :) And then I realized that we were always so opposite in this regard. Even way back to Romeo and Juliet. Although I love ALL of the stories you listed (including twilight of course) I get SO DANG frustrated by the star-crossed lovers lol. Whatever happened to just plain ole happily ever after? Does that make me non-romantic?
Guess what? You might need to sit down for this :) I saw new moon and actually liked it! It was sooooooo much better than the first one. It had more of the 'feel' of the book...or at least i thought.It made me remember why I loved the books before the whole twilight hype ruined them for me. So there you have it. Proud of me?
This made me think about what style appeals to me, and discovered I like Hate turns to love stories. (Pride and Prejudice, you know how I love it!)
I saw it too and I was happy that it was better than the 1st one. I wasn't impressed with Twilight. I am not obsessed, but I do like the story.
Post a Comment