I love the library. Where else can you go and leave with as much free stuff as you want? I've taken Jade a few times but only if I absolutely have to (I'm worried she'll pull everything off the shelves). Well today we went and I just let her walk around. First she chose a movie and then she wandered over to the books, chose two, and sat down at a table to read one. It was really sweet and actually made me kind of emotional (and I'm getting all choked up again as a write it). She is so smart and sweet and well-behaved. I am just the luckiest mom. I guess I don't have to be so worried--she sure showed me!
Oh and I got a couple of books for me too :) We'll see if I can get them both read in three weeks (I never do and always have to renew them)
live poultry market near me
3 years ago
5 comments:
I'm excited for you to read the Hunger Games!
This made me so schmoopy!
Jade reminds me so much of you, and you of me. Isn't it just amazing to discover how wonderful your kids are!
Anyway, this blog just reminded me so much of us sitting on a pillow at the Park Slope Library in Brooklyn reading Curious George.
Whit, I LOVE the library too! it is one of my life staples!!!! The Provo library is so well used by it's patron's though so I usually can't waltz in and pick up any book I want.... I have to put my name on a list and wait for weeks and sometimes months! Then it seems like they all come in at the same time so I can't get them all read in 3 weeks. I've heard good things about the hunger games and want to read it... let me know if you like it. I've really been enjoying books by Jodi Picoult lately.
Okay, I think I better check out Hunger Games...
I used to read alot in high school and then I was forced to read stupid books in college and lost the passion. I want to be better and read more. I should get a library card! The problem is.... It takes me months to read a book sometimes! I'm bad!
Post a Comment