
I just finished this book and I'm curious to hear what people thought of it who have read it. I'm going to write my review of it in the comments section and it will most likely contain spoilers, so if you haven't read it and don't want to know anything, don't read my comment.
On to The Hunger Games...
{Jade liked her two library books by the way}
live poultry market near me
3 years ago
2 comments:
I thought the dialogue between the characters was hilarious. I don't usually laugh out loud at books, but I did in this one. But I also don't usually really cry when I read, but I cried at this book too.
I wasn't really sure how I felt about men and women being close friends when they're married, but now I do know that I do NOT think its ok. Even though Shannon Hale was trying to show that it is possible for this to happen (I think), there were still too many inappropriate situations that Becky got herself into. And yes maybe her character was strong enough to resist the temptation to cheat, but most people wouldn't be in those situations. No husband would be, or should be, as understanding as Mike was of her relationship with Felix.
On the other hand, after Becky's husband passed away (which was so so sad btw!), the rest of the book was completely devoted to helping you fall in love with the Becky/Felix relationship. So I was all for them ending up together. And then they didn't! And I was totally bummed, and left feeling a little empty for both of them and for myself.
With all that said, I really loved and enjoyed the book. If I had it to read over, I would do it with the knowledge that it is NOT a self-help book on how to be best friends with someone who is not your spouse.
Okay, so I finally finished it and I pretty much agree with you. Our husbands are our best friends and should remain that way. Their relationship was totally inappropriate (not to mention unrealistic!) Sorry, but Will Smith or Matt Mchonahay or that cute guy on Penelope would never become even remotely interested in a mormon mom of four kids like me! But bravo to Shanon Hale for making me laugh out loud and making me sport a silly grin on my face for a good portion of the book, making me cry, and also for making me appreciate me husband more and realize how precious he is. I enjoyed it, it was a good read!
Post a Comment