10.22.2009

Yay for Ebay!


So next week, Aaron and I are taking Jade to Disneyland for her 2nd birthday. You're probably thinking that's a stupid idea because she won't remember it anyway. But you are wrong! Disneyland is NEVER a bad idea :) Except of course when you just bought a house and have no money.

Sooo...I decided to start looking for disney deals. I ended up finding 1 day park hopper tickets on ebay, and I literally sat at the computer for 4.5 hours going back and forth between bidding, and watching the bidding get higher. This was my first ebay experience mind you. But I WON THE BID! I got the tickets for about $66 a piece instead of the $97 it costs at the gate. I mean $66 is still pricey, but we're saving over $30 a ticket! That's pretty awesome.

PS-Don't tell me if you know of a better way to get disney tickets. I don't want you to ruin my excitement.

7 comments:

Sharon McKee said...

You are right, Disneyland is NEVER a bad idea! Jade will love it and you can go again in two years and she will love it and you can go again in four years and she will love it...

Elle said...

good job whit! that's a lot of money saved! i love ebay too! it's awesome!

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

WHIT - I am SO excited for you to go!!!! We had so much fun and you will LOVE taking Jade, I just know it. Good job on the deal... I couldn't find much so we just bought the tickets on-line (supposedly saved 20 bucks a ticket, at least for a 3-day park hopper). I would LOVE to be roommates and I think you should be Cinderella and I'd probably be the person they ask to take the photos haha! Just have so so so much fun! I can't wait to hear about it... (can you tell from all the ! marks?) Be safe, take hand sanitizer and sing happy birthday while you wash your hands :)

Scott & Katie said...

wow...I got my tickets wayyyy cheaper than that. just kidding :) although I have only been to disneyworld, i agree 100%, disney is NEVER a bad idea. We went when Ryan was only 9 months and i was pregnant and sick with macey (it was a big family trip) and I am DYING to take him back now that he is obsessed with some of the characters. But alas, I will just have to live vicariously through you! have fun!!

Amber said...

aw...way fun that you are taking her for her birthday! i hope you have tons of fun. and congrats on the good deal--i love that!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

No worries... she will have a blast! We took Cade last Christmas (for a family trip with the rest of my family) to Disneyworld when he was 4 months old and he loved it! Sure, he won't remember it, but at least he can't EVER say "you never took me to Disneyworld". I even have the pictures to prove it! Have so much fun!

Jannet said...

Hope you're having a wonderful time! How funny though that all the time I worked there during college they had to pay me to go there...