10.04.2009

Powerful



Elder Jeffrey R. Holland gave the most powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon that I've ever heard today in our church's General Conference. I don't know if it was just me, but I was moved and reminded of how important this book is for me. Please click here to watch it in full (then click on Sunday PM, and Elder Hollands name), or watch it again if you already heard it.

Its incredible to me to think of what a short time our world has had access to this book. We are so lucky to be able to read it again and again, to be reminded of what we need to be doing, to hear the testimonies of Christ, and to learn from the faith of the people who lived in those times. Wow! I mean, why do we not read it like we should? Why do we read one chapter at a time just to meet our scripture quota for the day? We need to read it more, and to really believe it. Because it is true! And if its true, then all of the gospel is true. That is pretty awesome.

4 comments:

Jannet said...

I'm really proud of you!

Sharon McKee said...

That was an incredible talk. I was just waiting for him to pound on the pulpit! It was incredible to listen to, and anyone who just reads it, is missing out. You could tell he meant what he was saying.

Scott & Katie said...

okay WEIRD!!!! during that talk I said to my sister, "Whitney is going to post this on her blog"!!! Either I know you too well, I am psychic, or it was just a really powerful talk. I think it's the latter :)

missriss said...

I get to see it on sunday! I'm excited. (Because of the time difference, we didn't get to see the last session actually on conference weekend, but they're going to show it in church sunday.)
xLarisa