Lately, I am absolutely convinced in the reality of guardian angels. I imagine that an angel assigned to watch over Everest and Calder must be something like this...
Or more than likely something like this...
I am beyond grateful for these men.
I really am not sure how little boys (including little boy Aaron McKee) make it past the age of 2. And this week I finally realize what people mean when they say I'll be in "survival mode" for a while. I've been in it for at least the last 2 years but probably longer.
Here's whats been happening:
•Calder smashed his toe pretty good and will eventually lose the toenail
•Just days later he got 2nd degree burns all over his hand from leaning on the fireplace
•The same day as the burns, the boys escaped our eagle eyes and filled our bathtub up all the way to the top with hot water and played in it with their clothes on
•Calder (again) now climbs out of his crib (Everest has been doing it for months)
So my point is, I don't even know who I am anymore. I don't feel human. We've been watching a terrible (or awesome?) show called The Walking Dead which is obviously about Zombie's. I think the reason its so scary to me (besides all of the people getting eaten) is how much the zombie's remind me of myself (in personality and appearance). But I don't really have a choice with all that is going on every single day, and on very little to no sleep.
I'm just hoping I have my own guardian angel, to protect my sanity from moments like this...
[warning: some images may be disturbing to young children and mothers alike]





3 comments:
Poor Calder! And poor Momma! It hurts just as bad for the mom when the kids get hurt. Those burns look awful, as does the toes, and I am so grateful they have guardian angels!
And there is no way you look like a zombie. You are one of THOSE people. Cute pregnant, cute when you are sick, cute in the middle of the night. But I am sorry you feel like a zombie though.
Miss you guys!
Oh my goodness! Please firmly attach that tall, heavy bookcase of Jade's to the wall as soon as possible!
And of course you know that I've always been nervous about that fireplace. The question was not if, but when. Hopefully Calder will somehow be able to convey the words "VERY VERY HOT" to his brother in that secret language of theirs. Anyway, good to see him smiling amidst all those oopsies. I just wanna hug that little guy!
The bathtub pic is too much!
It must be really hard for guardian angels to just sit by and let them learn, but I too am grateful that they're there. But I'm wondering if there are even a few more we can think of?... ya know, like just to have on standby when the others need a break?
Oh my. I can't imagine having two two year olds. The terrible twos have started at my house too. Although Vedas maybe more naughty than dangerous ;)
Post a Comment