9.17.2012

Patterns of Light

I had what to me was a pretty miraculous experience yesterday.  And today I came across this video of David Bednar, past president of my University and now an apostle for my church.  His first description of revelation is what I know I experienced yesterday.



Aaron and Jade left Saturday morning to visit family in Utah.  For whatever reason I felt the need to stay home, which in itself is unusual for me (I do not like sleeping at home alone).  Sunday morning I woke up at an unusually early time before the boys were awake, and decided I would get ready for church.  Why did I feel the need to take twin boys to church by myself?  I had no idea.  Not to mention, until this weekend I spent 2 weeks unable to drive because of my vision, so I was surprised to be able to GET to church.  I got there at 10 and brought the boys to the nursery where there were 3 leaders prepared to watch them, and within 10 minutes I was in an incredible amount of very random and sudden pain and discomfort, talking to a friend about what I should do.  She suggested that it sounded a lot like the kidney stones she had while she was pregnant and that I needed to get to the hospital because it was just going to get worse very fast.  But what do I do with my kids?  Another friend happened to walk into the building at the exact moment I was in tears over how this was possibly going to work.  Both friends offered the solution that one would drive me to the hospital and the other would take my kids home in my car.  By the time I got to the hospital I was in more pain than I can ever remember feeling, and not just pain but completely oblivious to the world around me.  I couldn't see straight or even breathe.  I literally thought I might die.  I ended up in the ER in a hospital gown (that I didn't put on myself) with an IV in my arm and nurses explaining to me how to breathe so I didn't hyperventilate.  Long story short (sort of), after visiting again with my doctor today he's pretty certain that kidney stones were the cause of this episode but that there's really nothing that can be done besides drinking a lot of water and managing future pain with over the counter medicine.

I thought about what it would have been like if I'd suddenly experienced this at home. alone. out in the country. with twin boys. on a Sunday.  Or in the car on the way home from Utah, which is where Aaron was when this happened.  I'm thankful that I don't have to go through life just leaving experiences like this to chance.  My life has been filled with miracles.  I know that when its important I will be led to make certain choices.  And I can't believe how helpful people were to me yesterday!  I know that THEY were also encouraged to help me.  They are angels.

Watch the videos (this is just 1 of 3 parts).

7 comments:

Amber said...

Wow. That is so scary. And so comforting knowing how much we are looked out for. I hope that it never happens again!

Jannet said...

Whitney! Are you ok today? What a scary story... and you're right... what a blessing that you were in the right place at the right time where others could help you. This blog made me both so worried about you yet so inspired by your inspiration at the same time. I am so glad that you were somehow able to listen to that inner voice and get yourself to church where is obviously where you were meant to be. Scary!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

What an amazing positive way to look at a scary situation. Some would have experienced this and only seen the bad in it. I'm glad that you were able to recognize the gift of the spirit in your life. I hope you are feeling better Whitney. I have been worried about you this week. I am glad to hear from you and I will keep you in my prayers.

Sharon McKee said...

Sooo, how are you now???? Are you going to keep getting attacks? Those tender mercies are so wonderful. So glad you are ok, and once again, I wish I was closer.

Krista & Tyler said...

We are praying for you!!!! I hope that you're doing better - and I'm so happy that you have such great friends where you are!

ps-isn't Elder Bednar looking old? Holy cow! haha Being an apostle sure gets to you :) Miss you Whit!

barlow.stephanie said...

Thank you for sharing. God is everywhere always. I hope you are going to be okay.

Denisse said...

I'm glad that you followed the promptings. I'm so convinced that the Lord has a part in our daily lives. It is a blessing. I hope you're doing better Whitney!