Bedrest isn't so bad when you only have to do it for 2 days. Pictures first, then story...
January 6, 2011 (34 and a half weeks)
Aaron Everest McKee (baby A) born at 4:56, 5lbs 3oz, 17 3/4 in
Calder Reed McKee (baby B) born at 4:58, 4lbs 3oz, 18 in
 |
| Ready to deliver unexpectedly |
 |
| About to be wheeled into the OR |
 |
| There were probably 10 people in here watching me like they'd never seen a delivery before. |
 |
| Everest was born first, head down |
 |
| Calder just after, breech |
 |
| Baby Calder loving his fingers |
 |
| Everest doing what we hope he'll do when we get home |
 |
| In case you're wondering, we're not sure if they're identical or fraternal. We may not know until they get a little older. |
 |
| Jade is being such a good girl. She's so excited to get to see her brothers (she won't until they can leave the NICU) |
 |
| Everest...still sleeping. |
We had a couple of weeks just loaded with miracles. Last week we decided that we'd leave our house and come to Twin Falls to deliver the babies and stay with my brother in law. When they told us that they'd be gone for New Years we thought we'd wait a little longer to go. Afterall, I wasn't due for 6 weeks so there's no point in just sitting around uncomfortably in someone else's house. But after looking at the weather report for the rest of the week, Aaron said "I think we need to leave today and just get there". So we packed up and left in a moments notice, getting to their house last Tuesday night.
I scheduled my first appointment with a new doctor for January 10th, the earliest that they could get me in. But every day I called to see if they had anything open up sooner. It just so happened that they had one open up with a different doctor for Tuesday the 4th. When I got there he checked me and found out I was dilated to a 3 and 80% effaced. No more shopping (thats what he told me). Wednesday night I woke up with contractions, which I've been having since I was about 15 weeks along. But I started timing them and they were only 3 minutes apart. I waited until morning to call the doctor, but then the contractions slowed down considerably and I thought it would be a waste of time to go in.
At 1:30pm I changed my mind and thought I'd just come in to see if maybe they could give me something to help me sleep more comfortably. Instead, they told me "You're 6 cm, you're not going home". At 4:45 I was fully dilated, wheeled into the OR (just in case of emergency c-section), and started pushing. Everest was born 10 minutes later, quickly followed by Calder who was a breech delivery. So now maybe people can understand better why I was so worried to be living an hour away from a hospital in a snowstorm. I deliver babies pretty quickly. Don't hate me.
I don't expect to be quite as on top of things as I am in the hospital once I get home. But for now I've got family watching Jade, nurses in the NICU watching the babies, and I get to relax comfortably for the first time in months. So what better to do than share pictures of my gorgeous new babies! I can't believe they're here already but I am grateful that they're healthy (although small) and that I'm not pregnant anymore. Life is wonderful. I'll keep posting pictures as we get more.
16 comments:
I'm crying a little bit right now. Happy tears!! They are so gorgeous!! What beautiful little additions to your family!! Mwah, mwah, mwah, mwah!!!!
They are BEAUTIFUL! I love the blond hair, never seen blond hair on a newborn before. I am so happy for you, so grateful they are healthy, so happy you could have them naturally, so happy you can be comfortable again. The kids are gaga over them right now. Love you, will keep sending prayers your way!
Wow. You are amazing. Congrats on a successful although early, experience! How was that delivering breech? You're lucky i'd say not to have had a c-section with twins! Love you and enjoy relaxing till your babies come home. How long will they be in the nicu?
CONGRATS!!!! I almost didn't believe what I was reading at first. I can't believe they are already here!! i'm so excited for you. They are perfect and darling. Way to go pushing them out so fast... it's not fair :)
if you get a second, will you email me your home address? thanks :) keller.amber@gmail.com
Wow congrats Whitty! Your boys are absolutely beautiful!! All that hair too. Good job.
Yay! I'm so excited for all of you. I'm so glad you decided to go early, what a blessing. I love their little hair. The baby boy that lives downstairs from us has little blonde baby curls and until I saw him, I had never seen a newborn with hair like that either. So Cute (I can hear him crying right now, lol) Can't wait to see your new little ones.
My twins are finally here! I have waited 16 years for them! They couldn't be cuter if I had them myself. I know that you are not going to give me even 2nd Mom status but just know that I am loving this experience for you and I can already see that you are savoring every moment! I can't wait to see you all! Love, heather
Congratulations!! They are so cute! Hope things continue to go well.
Wow- So happy for you! That is so great that everything went so well and that the babies are doing okay. Can't wait to see more pictures.
Congrats! Such a beautiful family. Things sure have changed since 7th grade. Wishing you all the best. I would also love to send a little something your way. When you have time, could I have the home address as well?
Kathy_Low08@yahoo.com
Thanks!
Yahoo congrats! So happy for you and your sweet family :) enjoy that rest time on the hospital!
Congrats Whitney. So is Everest supposed to be tall or not tall. I can't remember which way you were worried or maybe it was both. Beautiful names for beautiful babies. Good Luck and Congrats!
Congrats Whitney! I still can't believe you have twins!! Pretty awesome birth story. Good luck with eveything!
Congrats Guys! More pictures when you can! My kids love seeing the boys!
Congrats! More pictures please when you get the chance we have loved it!
Way to follow your instincts. So happy for you and your family. They are beautiful.
Post a Comment