Big things seem to be happening every day for my little boys. I can't help but think they'll be coming home this week, but don't quote me on that.
The docs gave me the go-ahead for one breastfeeding a day starting this past Friday. They also removed Calder's picc line yesterday and will be removing Everest's today, which means they just don't need the things they were using the IV for. They are now breathing, eating, pooping (a lot), and regulating body temperature ALL on their own. Way to go boys!
Jade got to meet her brothers for the first time a couple of days ago. You'll see how that went in the pictures that follow.
And in case you were wondering about where their names came from, check out my mom's blog. She's so clever...and also right on.
Onto the pictures...
![]() |
| At first she had to see them through a window |
| Then the nurses softened up and let her come to the door |
| Which was ok for a little while |
| A little too close for comfort |
| First family picture |
| She really does love them though. It will be more fun once we're home. |
![]() |
| Big brother Everest (by 2 minutes, but still) on the left, baby brother Calder cuddling up on the right. |
![]() |
| Aaron's 31st birthday...surprise! |
![]() |
| Beautiful boys...I love them! |




6 comments:
Poor Jade, I know how she feels. It sounds terrible, but I was hesitant to hold Tamsyn for the first time. So much responsibility! They are adorable, I love seeing them snuggling. Glad they are removing all those tubes finally.
Look at your darling family!!! I am so happy for you guys. They are precious ittle boys and I am so glad that Jade got to meet them finally!
Whitney! I am so happy for you, it sounds like your lil' guys are doing so GREAT! not to mention how adorable they are, and i love their names. I am sitting here in awe ... how fortunate to have left to Twin Falls earlier than planned; to have gotten into the Dr. earlier than planned; and then to have delivered safely. I liked the way you put it "loaded with miracles" so true, and inspiring :)
I am also appreciative of your positive attitude, I know it must be so hard to have your babies in the hospital without you there every second. You are such a great example to me :)
yay!!! i'm so happy that things are going well!!! i hope you get to go home soon!
Oh, Whitney. I hope you don't mind, I came across your blog the other day and have been checking on the status updates. That is wonderful news!!!! I am so glad that Jade got to see them. I am so happy that things are moving so quickly! See--plan for the worse (long stay), hope for the best(short stay)is the way to go! Such cuties!!
I just cry happy tears every time I see a pic of them snuggling up together. This had just been such an amazing miracle to see unfold for me!
By the way... is Calder wearing a tux in that last picture? lol He looks like such a little man. Tooo cute!
It's so precious how they can't seem to get enough of each other!
Post a Comment