9.04.2012

Year Seven

Almost exactly 7 years from my diagnosis, I'll be participating in the Walk for Multiple Sclerosis in Idaho Falls.  With slightly less flair this year than usual.  Its important to me and I can't just not do it, but let me remind you that I have a 4 year old, twin 1 year olds, and I'm 6 months pregnant. 

But if you would like to join us on the day of the walk here are the details!

When: Saturday, Sept. 22nd
9am registration, walk starts at 10am
Where: Snake River Landing, Idaho Falls
What: 1 to 3 mile walk options, with finish line celebrations and food
Cost: Walking and food are FREE. 
*Registration is required and can be done
so at the event.  If you collect any donations 
those can be turned in at the event as well.

If you can't make it but would like to make a donation, please visit my MS walk site here.


Thank you to all of you who have supported us in person or in spirit for the last 7 years!  I'm so grateful.  

{As I type this, I am seeing double and I can't feel my right hand.  So in case you were wondering, this is an actual disease that does effect my life.  I hope and pray to always be able to be there for my kids, so please help us find a cure}

5 comments:

Sharon McKee said...

I am so sorry you are having problems with your MS right now. I thought you weren't supposed to have symptoms during pregnancy???

I wish we were closer to do the walk with you this year. That was always fun to do and important for my kids to take part in as well.

Missing you tons!

Daryn N said...

I love you sister. I hate MS and I'm going to cure it myself. I'm starting my research right now! :)

Jannet said...

You know that I would be there if I could. This is always such a great event for such an important cause. You have done so much every year for this walk and I think under the circumstances you're allowed a little slack this time around! Hoping for another great turnout and a beautiful day for you!

Anonymous said...

I'll try to be there again this year! I know I have plans for that day, but I love doing it with you!
-Rach

The Rasmussen's said...

Oh, Whit, I am so sorry that you are having an exacerbation. My heart breaks for you knowing the fear and anxiety you are feeling. Please know that I will do whatever you may need. I will even babysit. Truly!
As for the MS Walk, I am actually going to be there and already have a bunch of donations, so we can be that much closer to a cure!
Thinking of you,
Mandy & Blaine