3.14.2012

Bedtime talk about the important things

Jade: (after organizing her stuffed animals on her bed) I only have to have some toys.  Not all the toys.  Not everything in the stores.  Only some of the things, and the boys can have some things, and you and daddy can have some things.  Not all of the restaurant things, and all of the domestic things, just some.
{Yes, she really said domestic, I couldn't make this stuff up}

Me: Domestic? Where did you learn that word?

Jade: (smiling sheepishly and not answering)

Me: All we really need is each other, right?

Jade: Yes, just each other.

On that note, some of the important things on my mind right now...



 My sweet Everest isn't feeling well today :( The only good thing about this is how cuddly he is when he willingly climbs up in my lap and stays there.
 Words Calder can say now...Hat
 and Clap ("cap")
 Aaron hung my new frame I made, even though he dislikes that we have girly ribbon in our bedroom now.  He is the best.
I am still the official unofficial activities committee chairperson for the Tetonia 2nd ward.  Yesterday I threw a wonderful party that I'm pretty proud of (thanks Sharon for the auction idea).  These were the bills we handed out to everyone to use for bidding on donated items.  Thank you to Dan Burr for drawing the picture of Bishop Berry :) It was a huge hit. 

And thanks to Aaron (for his Teton trivia expertise) we won free babysitting by our neighbor Samantha, and a free piano lesson for Jade by our friend Whitney B.

Not to mention almost all of our snow is gone now, replaced by a raging river that surrounds our house, but who cares! The sun has been shining and 40 degrees has never felt so good.

3 comments:

Sharon McKee said...

What is Everest doing with his hand??? I'm glad your auction went well, yay for free babysitting! Also, just to let you know, Sylas just asked to watch the Zebra show. Again.

Jannet said...

I can completely hear Jade in the bedtime discussion! But did she really say Domestic?
What in the heck is Everest wearing? Hope he's feeling better!

It's so fun to see Calder walking!

Good job on the frame!... and the auction!

It's been 80 degrees here all week but I think I'd rather have it be 40 still. Can the world end in one state and not in another? lol

Amber said...

jade is hilarious :)