12.08.2008

Weekend fun

Jade thinks that she can talk and she often sounds like she's saying complete sentences in her own language. This was all I could catch. Give her a second.

She's my little modern dancer. She can really roll, she just needs to work on her head-tail connection.


Our ward Christmas party was this last weekend, and it was fabulous. I'm not usually all that impressed with church parties but this was really great. I was a little skeptical when I learned we had to dress in biblical attire, but its hard to feel silly when everyone is dressed that way. Our "Bethlehem" looked very authentic (as much as it can be in a gym). The pictures don't do it justice, but I'll post them anyway.

Entering the city

I was in charge of the booth above for the kids to make ornaments.

Singing Christmas carols

Our fair haired nativity

7 comments:

Jannet said...

What a fun experience! And you guys look so authentic sort of!

The "modern dance" from Jade is possibly my favorite so far!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

I love your new family pic! I need your mailing address to send our Christmas card!

Daryn N said...

this message is for Jade:

Du wa lo la na no po. oola ha fin la do.

We speak the same language ;) Thanks for putting pictures up!! Her hair is getting so long!! And too bad I missed that Christmas party. I have this one outfit that I can never wear anywhere....I could have worn it to the party! Love you guys :)

Kelli Albaugh said...

Jade looks like a lot of fun! And the Christmas party looked like it went well. I wish we could have gone. Our new ward's Christmas "party" is this formal program in the chapel.

Krista & Tyler said...

Oh my! I am complete adoration of little Jade! Her "language" rocks-she sounds soooooo cute! hahahaha And I cannot wait to watch her grow up and become an amazing dancer like her momma, but secretly I'm hoping that she'll be tall and be a middle volleyball hitter-the world just doesn't have enough of those.
:)
Love you guys!

Jeff and Andrea Neitzel said...

It looks like you guys had a really good time at the Christmas party! I loved Jade's dance. She's pretty good! Just to let you know, the playgroup I take Alexia to is actually a community one that is held at the library. They also have a storytime. Maybe a library close to you has something similar?

Logan and Lisa said...

Whitney,

I was excited to see you have a blog. I found you on Katie's list and we almost have all our girls on here from Colonial House- now we just need to get Mandy on the whole blogging thing. Anyway it looks like your doing so good. Your little girl is adorable! She is going to be so tall! Keep in touch!