11.08.2008

I love dance!

My friend Monica organized a little CDT (contemporary dance theatre) reunion today in Rexburg. We got together at Wendy Bone's studio where Wendy taught us a 2 hour long modern dance class. I am going to be bed ridden most likely for the next week because of it, but it just reminded me of how in love with dance I am! I've never had such amazing experiences with dance as I did while I was dancing with this company. Here are some pictures of those of us who are still living close by and could make it to the class. I love them all!


Top L-R: Monica, Wendy, Ariane, Joy, Bottom L-R: Sarah, Rachel, Kate, Me (over the years I think I danced with over 3o girls through this company)






Also, I just found our old CDT mission statement, and I wanted to share it. I don't think people really understand just how spiritual dance can be. Dance is a big part of my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Here's why...

The Mission of the Contemporary Dance Theatre

But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do good continually; wherefore, everything which inviteth and enticeth to do good, and to love god, and serve him, is inspired of God --Moroni 7:15

As selected members of the BYU-Idaho Contemporary Dance Theatre we focus to glorify God through our love and passion for the art of dance. We understand the intense level of committment, dedication, and sacrifice that is required in order to obtain such a focus. Our primary responsibility and calling as members of this company is to stand as "witnesses of God at all times, and in all things, and in all places." (Mosiah 18:9)

By doing this we aspire to portray the light of Christ, becoming missionaries for this gospel. As such we desire to share our testimonies of what we believe to be true, of principles that have changed our lives, and of happiness that is exquisite. We accept this calling on an individual level and recognize that personal obligation to worthiness and constant self-improvement that accompanies such a privilege. We yearn to discover Heavenly Father's purpose and goals for us as a team and as individuals. A higher level of respect, cooperation, and unity is expected. Above all these things, there must be a constant expression of gratitude for the divine blessings we receive. It is our privilege, our responsibility, and our desire to share that which "inviteth and enticeth to do good, to love God, and to serve him." We seek to inspire.

6 comments:

Jeff and Andrea Neitzel said...

We sure do miss dance! It is so uplifting! I am so glad you had a chance to do that! Oh, your little girl is adorable! Good luck!

Tara said...

So fun to see so many faces that I LOVE! I'm jealous...its been too long since I've danced. Thanks for reminding me what an impact CDT, Sis Bone, and YOU had in my life.

Some of the best years of my life.

I LOVE YOU!!

Jannet said...

This is beautiful! Not only your whole blogger makeover (which is really stunning btw) but for all of those sweet memories. None of which are mine, of course. But I feel as though I've lived them all through you.

I love how much you love to dance... and I love even more, your reasons.

Krista & Tyler said...

I love that I just met Kate Thurston this past weekend-ironically the same weekend you guys danced! haha My hubby is a pro-breakdancer, and when Kate came with our friend Nancy to their competition on Saturday, she realized that it was the same Tyler that she had gone to high school with! haha SOOOO random-we loved meeting her-I loved that you danced together too. I'm trying to learn how to break, but don't tell anyone...I keep falling on my face a whole lot lol
Love you girl-how are you doing? In all respects!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

You girls always were so talented! I LOVED going and watching you dance. I am so jealous you are so good at it. I was not born with that ability. Dance is such a neat way to express emotion. I am glad you got to relive it! :)

Kelli Albaugh said...

Hey Whitney! I love what you put on about dance. Hopefully now that we're back in Rexburg I can get back into it. See you at extravadance!