1.22.2013

Pavement and other important things

Because of my lack of blogging skills lately, I'm sharing Aaron's bday celebration 2 weeks late.  Sorry Aaron :) 
 
 Apparently Aaron is turning like 13 years old, according to his candle count
 The best cake ever....again

I bought the boys snow pants for their birthday, that I thought would fit since they were an XS but in reality they are big enough for Jade.  So it looks like they'll just have to wear regular pants.

 You can definitely tell who is the boss of this relationship.  This is typical
 Ok, maybe this guy's the boss
 We love him.
In other news...
 
We're getting this house! I couldn't be more excited.  The other house was great, but we didn't win the war and that's ok with me because we would have had to put a ton of money into finishing the interior.  Yay for paved roads and close neighbors!!

Also, and maybe more importantly, a couple of nights ago we started putting the boys to bed in their toddler beds instead of their prison tents.  I didn't have high hopes to say the least, but have been pleasantly surprised!  In fact, last night I put them both in bed, Calder fell asleep immediately, Everest was pretty wired.  But as soon as I knelt by his bed and whispered "shh, Calder is sleeping", Everest looked over at Calder, waved, and said "I uv oo" (ie: I love you).  Ohhh my heart! They are precious boys.

And finally, Aaron and I just ordered Insanity...

Duh duh duh



5 comments:

Daryn N said...

That little Lochlan has the sweetest smile ever! I love him! I'm so excited for your new house, and your paved roads.....and your hopefully "dog-free" neighborhood. Haha. And last, but certainly not least, I want that cake.

Brianna and Byron Putnam said...

Such good news about the boy sleeping in beds!!! And that cake picture is killing me right now.

Sharon McKee said...

YAY! I love the house, I can'e wait for you to give us a virtual tour! When do you make the move??? Lachlan is adorable, he is certainly a Jade look alike. Cute kids!

Jannet said...

Happy 13th Birthday to Aaron! The pics are amazing so thank you so much! I always thought it would be the other way around with the "in charge" thing... And I am just so incredibly happy about your new housing situation. It looks fabulous!

Anonymous said...

So exciting!! I love the house. Where is it at?