12.26.2011

PTD


 Did you know that post-holiday blues is an actual medical "disorder"?  I looked it up (I have a love-hate relationship with google).  PTD actually stands for post-travel depression but it applies to all forms of blues that occur at the end of a holiday type activity.  I'm sure you were wondering, and you're welcome.

I usually can make it past New Years before I really start feeling this, but this year it pretty much hit right after the first snow which was probably back in October.  So I was desperately in need of some Christmas cheer, and I'm pleased to say I got some. We had a fantastic Christmas, just perfect (that is until I started doing my online after Christmas shopping on Sunday evening and thought I might die from stress).

But the weekend was wonderful.  And family who wasn't here with us, we missed you and hope you had as nice a Christmas as we did.
Sugar cookies for Santa--I'm absolutely sure ours were his favorite.

Fuuuudge.  I did make English toffee too but of course its gone.

I finished Calder and Everest's stockings on Christmas Eve, just in time

Jade and I played in the snow for a good hour, and I made my first snow angel since I was about 10.  I forgot how much fun it is.  I just laid there in the snow for a while after until Jade asked me what I was doing.

Calder eating mashed potatoes.  I didn't get the picture of Everest hijacking the spoon and licking it completely clean.

Christmas morn!

Matching jammies that Aaron thinks are for girls only.  I swear when I bought them online you could NOT see that the monkeys were wearing PINK scarves. 

 
And yesterday we opened what I said would be our very last can of formula.  At last, after appx. $3000 worth over the course of the last year.  
So there you have it, a wonderful end to a pretty CRAZY year that passed by in a blur.  Anybody want to babysit? Go here for some ideas of how to beat PTD :)

4 comments:

Jannet said...

Loved, loved, loved this blog! In every single jingle jangle way! You are the most awesome mommy ever! And please tell Aaron that boys are sometimes allowed to wear pink. God gave a touch of it to them in their cheeks afterall, so why not? Love you guys!

Daryn N said...

those stockings are great. Are they easy to make? I'm thinking about getting a sewing machine with my gift card....too bad i don't know how to sew :) Those boys look huge!! i'm so excited to see them!!!!!!! i love your family :) also, i like how you don't have anything on your tree where the boys can reach....that's how our is too :)

Mason & Laura said...

look how perfectly decorated your house is for christmas! I love the stockings! and seriously, can you give me your fudge recipe because i tried TWICE this year, and both times it came out waaaay too soft, and yours looks perfect. Looks like you had a wonderful christmas!!

Jannet said...

I wish I could send you guys my sewing machine, bread maker, food processor! But they are so heavy it would cost more to ship than to buy new ones. A moving van is the answer I think...