The love of my life in middle school...Devon Sawa (Best known for Casper, Little Giants, Now and Then, and Final Destination ONE). So much so that I tracked down his phone number by calling every Sawa listed in Vancouver, British Columbia until I found a relative who reluctantly turned it over to me. This was a lot more work before google. And a lot more expensive I'm sure.
I loved him so much that I devoted an entire childhood diary to him. Yes, I did begin every entry with "Dear Devon". For some reason I liked that I could tell my deepest 12 year old secrets to this boy who had no idea who I was. He obviously didn't ever respond, but I still could say whatever I wanted. Blogging is similar for me. Maybe more people are reading this than I think, but I assume its probably my parents, husband, and sister, and I would tell them these things anyway.
So what I would tell Devon today is that I wish I didn't have to live in Teton Valley. I prefer my winters to be mild. I prefer my dance classes to be full. I prefer to be able to drive without stopping for cattle, pigs, truck drivers stopping to talk to each other, or snow drifts too deep to get through. Today it is 13 degrees and sunny, 30 degrees warmer than it was yesterday. I'm jealous of all the people I know living in places like Virgina, South Carolina, Texas, California, or even Utah. I think I might cry.
Just let me feel this way today. I promise I'll try in the next couple of days to devote a post to what is great about the place that I live.
Just added:
In case you don't understand quite how much I loved Devon...this is half of one wall of my bedroom. And in case you were wondering, I didn't get to talk to him on the phone but I did talk to his mother and she told me about the movie he was in the middle of filming, Wild America.
The funny thing is less than a year later I was in love with Leonardo and took all these pictures down.
live poultry market near me
3 years ago

8 comments:
whoa I can totally relate to EVERY single thing in this post. Even the Devon Sawa crush. I mean, who didn't rewind the scene in Now and Then where you see his bum and watch it over and over? And the fawn over Casper - even when he;s the ghost because you know it's really Devon Sawa!!! I didn't call him or write journals to him (although I did try calling Fred Savage around 50 times). Let's just both move to Hawaii or California, or just to the Ohio/Michigan area :o)
I loved Devon too, although I wasn't ambitious enough to track down his phone number.
I'm sorry that the weather is so terrible...I dislike it as well. I'm glad that you're close by though.
I don't blame you for hating the cold. That is too funny about Devon sawa!
I laughed out loud about the Devin post. I never would have had the guts as a teenager to do that. I think you should do a series of blog posts called Dear Devin, where you give us a journal entry a day. :D
As for Teton Valley, I get it. Go ahead and cry, and tomorrow you will feel better. Love you, miss you.
i'm sorry sister. I love you, and I understand where you're at in life...both physically and emotionally....I've been to Teton Valley in the winter... Anyways, just like your crush on Devon, and Leonardo...this too shall pass :) My favorite... d&c 121; 7-8. This has been my favorite scripture ever since I was in high school and I called you way over in Rexburg complaining about probably a boy dumping me....you read me that scripture :) You mean more to me than you know. You mean a lot to a lot of people!!!
wv: rotto, rotto's modern life, rotto's modern life :)
I loved Devon too!!!! Not as much as you. Although I did get Wild America for my 16th birthday. He was on equal footing with JTT. I think it is so funny that you called all those people. I also think its funny that his family actually spoke to you instead of calling the cops for stalking. j/k I just googled him because I had to see where he is now. So the funny thing is Whitney. I live in CA and I have to keep from crying pretty often because I want to move back to Idaho. Now, I'm not saying I would want to live in Teton valley. But I have never lived this far south and although I'm handling it. Its not ideal for me. At least you don't have to fight off the ants and cockroaches that flourish here. I'm not even from Idaho and there are days where I want to just "go home". I miss it. Also Daryn is right, that is my all time favorite Scripture. It will be but a small moment. AND you can come visit ANY TIME. I'm not just saying that, you can. If you showed up on my doorstep unannounced, I would still be thrilled. Also if you want to know who's looking at your blog, get a feedjit. I always know. Oh and btw we will be at Jeremy's parents for Christmas this year 24th-28th before heading to my parents' until after new years. We should hang out. I may need a break from the house over Christmas and Jeremy is spending one whole day hunting with his brother (hunting? really?) So I will be very very very bored.
I remember the day I came home from work and you and Laura C. were SO excited that you'd talked to Devon's mom! I never did look at the phone bill. But then you called him from Laura's house, right? lol
As for the cold, look at it this way. Once it get's below 20 it doesn't reallly matter anymore because you have to stay inside anyway. It's about 20 in Michigan now. And plus, since my insulation has deteriorated so badly I can practicallly scrape the ice off of the insides of my closets. Including that closet up there... Trust me, your house is much, much warmer than mine. But feel free to drop by any time! Really. I love you!
Wow... Devon? Definitely something I never knew about you :)
Post a Comment