So today I'm at the store, spending what would have been an obscene amount of money on formula if it weren't for WIC. I also needed to restock our empty fridge and pantry. My cart was literally overflowing and I was a little nervous to get to the checkout counter. But then I ran into a wonderful friend/neighbor, who handed me a grocery store gift card and practically ran away so I couldn't give it back to her. How did she know? Here were the results of my trip:
WIC item total: $190.53
Remaining groceries: $106.11
For a total of: $296.64
But what did I pay?
$6.11!
What?? Yes, my neighbor gave me $100 gift card. WIC paid for the rest. And now I'm not crying over the thousands of dollars we will have to pay in hospital bills because I know that somehow we will make it work. Because there are amazing people in the world.
I have learned so much about service and compassion from this woman. I doubt that I have made nearly the impact that she has. The truth is I'm pretty selfish and I would never have thought to give a friend money for groceries. (She also gave us a jumbo size box of diapers and brought us dinner).
So thank you Carolyn! You have completely made my day. I hope I can be like you when I grow up :)
live poultry market near me
3 years ago

9 comments:
That is amazing! Bless her! I think I want to be like her when I grow up too! Blessings most always come in the form of other people... and sometimes we forget that. I know I do. He needs us to take care of each other. Of course He could do it much easier and with much less sacrifice if he took care of it Himself, but that's not His plan. This wonderful story really gives me something to think on. Anyway, I'm so happy and also very thankful about your good day!
that's amazing!! what a deal :)
WOW! That is so sweet! HUGS to Carolyn, I don't know you, but today you are my new favorite person. And Whitney, I need more pictures of babies.
That last comment was from Sharon, not Lohn BTW
How wonderful. Doesn't it just make you want to pay it forward? (Not with money but maybe those cookies)
whit - that's such a neat story! I'm so glad there are wonderful people around us who are so giving.
ps - love the post below about how you were still supposed to be pregnant! That's so CRAZY!
What an amazing story. Another constant reminder that Heavenly Father is always looking out for us through the eye of other people.
Thank you for that story, it made my day! What a great woman!
And I was pretty sure Lohn was not saying those things, not that he didn't think it was neat.
i love this story.
thanks for sharing!
a good reminder for all of us to become more selfless.
you rock carolyn!
Post a Comment