My family is so wonderful that they actually threw me a baby shower on the Saturday before Christmas. It was the only day that would work out for me, and probably the busiest day of the year for everyone else. So thanks Daryn, Heather, and mom! I had a great time.
There were more people there than just the two of us and the hosts, but my pregnancy brain caused me to forget to turn the camera on until after everyone left.
I bought Jade a little porcelain figurine so she'd have something to open at the shower and not feel left out. Well she broke the head off within 30 minutes of opening it, so here she is taking care of her new little friend. She's wrapped in bandages and in the "hospital". Happy to say she's all better now.
And Daryn, maybe you'll notice that I'm wearing the same shirt you wore at YOUR baby shower :) So there was something there to represent you.
On a different note, one of my absolute favorite things to eat at the holiday's (or any other time) is English Toffee, or almond roca, whatever you call it. I made it a couple of days ago, praying the whole time that it would turn out because the last few times I've made it it hasn't worked. Well it did this time and it was wonderful! Its because somehow when I typed out the recipe, I put 1 tsp corn syrup instead of 1 T. Well, you'd be surprised what a difference measurements make...
Sorry it doesn't look as delicious in a big blob on the pan as it does after its broken into pieces and laid tastefully in a cute Christmas tin. But trust me, it is sooo good. Here's the recipe that I used in case you'd like to give it a try.
live poultry market near me
3 years ago

5 comments:
I love your shirt Whit! And I love Heather's hair! You're all so cute :) I'm glad your shower was fun, sorry I couldn't be there. :( Remember when I said I reached my pre-pregnancy weight??....well that was about 20 cookies and a piece of cake ago....so not anymore!
I think that blob looks delish! I am sad I didn't get to come to your shower. And annoyed I won't be there to see the babies. Post post post! And I lOVE your snowman idea. Maybe I will put a sping in a present, so when he opens it, a snowball flies in his face...
You are such a cute pregnant lady. To answer your question, I found the job on craigslist right after (two weeks) after I quit at the studio. It was perfect!
You look so good! I am so glad you had a shower. You're going to need lots of boy stuff! :) I hope to see you soon.
So can I get excited now about what's in that Christmas tin you sent? yum!!! And yes, you do have a wonderful family... a VERY wonderful family! And a far away mom who loves you too! BTW... can I tell you that you get more beautiful by the year? So glad you had a fun shower!
Post a Comment