4.12.2010

Congrats!

My cousin Christianne is the winner of the "He's just not that into you" contest :) haha. Which means she officially gets an invitation to our new private blog! Don't worry, the rest of you who give me an email address do too.

By the way, this was perfect timing to decide to go private. Today I had my email AND facebook accounts hacked into by someone asking everyone I've ever known in my whole life for money to help "me" out of my struggle in Europe after being mugged. I got calls from everyone from my neurologists secretary, to my uncle, to a guy I went on a dance tour once about 6 years ago asking me if I really am in Europe.

I am not in Europe by the way, and I haven't been mugged. Although I kind of feel that way lately.

11 comments:

Jannet said...

Ok, so that last line was pretty funny! haha : )

I too, got about a zillion emails about this today. I tried to reply to them all between the homework and the mowing...

I hope your birthday week turns out better than last week!!! What'dya mean, everything bad always happens in April?

April will always be the month of one (of the two) of my most special gifts ever.

Anonymous said...

Crazy!! People are so weird. My email is marjenstrong@yahoo.com. I hope i get an invite.

Daryn N said...

So.....I was gonna respond to that email and tell that idiot to go get a real life (and a real job
)....but I figured I wouldn't get involved with a sleeze bag.

Ps......Just so you know, by reading that email I knew it wasn't you. Even though I already knew it wasn't you...I could tell because I know you don't talk like that. "Mugged by some hoodlums".......really? If someone's going to try to steal your identity maybe they should realize you're not an 80 year old woman.....

Mason & Laura said...

sheesh, scary to be hacked! I do feel a little safer having my blog private--so please invite me to yours! lowagwennwebb@yahoo.com

Oh--and YES I was in IDAHO! for like a DAY! My little sister graduated from BYU-I. I wish I could've stayed longer ... and then we could've maybe gotten together. It was soooo fun to be back to that place where there are soooo many memories!! :)

Heather said...

Who ever it was was foreign because it didn't make a lot of sense, but just so that you know I would do whatever I could to help you if that really did happen. Invite me!

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Oh Whit, that cracks me up! Europe? Mugging? Of all things to scam people about! I just had to laugh when I thought about the episode of Friends where Ross find out that Pheobe was his mugger back in the day! I know mugging isn't funny, but your hacker story is! :) When will you be in Boise? Let's meet up!

Unknown said...

Hey Whitney!
I looked for you on facebook today and you were already gone! Bummer about the whole hacking situation. Anyway, I had sent you a message on there with my email address, so I just wanted to make sure you got it before you closed your account because I want an invite to your blog! Maybe someday Dan and I will start one so you can follow our super exciting lives too :) It's: KimberlyGuider@gmail.com Thanks! ~Kim

Lynette said...

I may eventually start my own blog one of these days. But, in the meantime I want to continue to read yours :) So glad you weren't mugged in Europe. I didn't think that email sounded like you, I was pretty sure it was a hacker. My email is ltiptonrn@gmail.com

Tyler and ShaeLee May said...

we want an invite
tylermay45@hotmail.com

Melissa said...

Whitney,

I graduated from high school with Aaron and got your blog address off of Sheena Daniels. Hope that was okay. If you would like to invite me to your private blog my email is talk2mel(at)juno(dot)com.
Your posts and blog is so cute!!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Hey Whit.

I don't like to leave my e-mail on boards like this so do you have it? I'm assuming you do since you just e-mailed me the other day.

And FYI we had a good time abusing your idiotic hacker of FB the other day. You would think somoone would be at least smart enough to check down you list to find out that you couldn't possibly be in europe. What an idiot.

I hope you don't ditch technology all together because I would miss you.