I'm very sad and sorry to report the following, from Scott Milam, Jewell's husband. Scott, you are a wonderful man and very strong. You will be in our prayers.
_____________________________________________
Jewell Aurora Milam
5/5/1982 - 8/29/2008
Jewell passed away in the early hours of Friday morning. She peacefully slipped away in her sleep without any struggle. Over the last two years she bravely fought Sarcoma Cancer. She met the challenge with optimism from the onset and it wasn't until recently that she realized her cancer would take her life. But even then, she stayed positive and was more concerned about me and the kids than her own fate.
As difficult as dealing with this is, I feel fortunate that things happened the way they did. It's hard to explain how I feel fortunate, but probably not that hard to understand. Imagine if you knew you were going to pass through the veil..........how would you want to go?..........where would you want it to happen?............what would you want to do before it happened? Well like I already said, she slipped away in her sleep without any struggle. She spent the last week of her life at home. And she was able to say goodbye to nearly all of her family. There was nothing left to do. I still don't know why all of this had to happen. It's difficult to understand why she had to die..........why my kids had to lose their mommy. She is a good woman, was a fantastic wife, and the best mom on earth. She is irreplaceable. I am going to miss her more than i can express. Even though I'm surrounded by family and friends, I feel very alone without her.
This hurts very deep right now, but I know that Jewell was faithful during her life and endured to the end. Her place in the eternities is sealed and her legacy will live on. I know that we will live together again as a family someday.
Funeral services will be held in her honor Tuesday, September 2nd starting @ 11 a.m. at the Kentwood LDS church building. All are welcome. If there is anyone who wants to come to the funeral and needs additional details please contact either Terri or Ginger.......sorry I am staying purposely "out of the loop" sort of. Thanks to everyone who has already shared their love and support and surely for all the thoughts and prayers in Jewell's behalf over the last year. Thank you.
Terri (Jewell's Mom) - 907-354-1002
Ginger (My Mom) - 253-740-0614
live poultry market near me
3 years ago
4 comments:
ok so I just went and read his entire blog. I wish there was something I could do.
I am so sorry to hear about your friend. My thoughts and prayers are with them.
Hey whitney. I posted on your sis' blog. The place she works is where we already go to get our hair done! it is like three doors down (in the same shopping center) where Jeremy works and they give him coupons all the time!
Hey Whit, this is the long lost Paul Rogers, i don't know how well you remember me and what not, but...I didn't know you were Jewell's roommate...I worked with Scotty in the Athletics...He is such a cool guy. Jewell was awesome too. I have been looking for a Scott update for quite sometime, he and Leslie and I all worked together. Finding him this way is really overwhelming. I don't know if you talk to him ever, but let him know that we are praying for him.
PS. I hope you and your family are doing well also!
Post a Comment