6.03.2008

Clean book club

I don't usually use my blog for things like this, but I thought it was important. I have a hard time finding good books to read that are also clean, but thanks to my sister-in-laws, my mom, and the Stephanie Meyer phenomenon, I've had better luck. Now most of you have probably read these, but some of you may need some summer reading encouragement. I would love some more ideas too, if anyone has some. Give these a try...








And if you haven't read this one, its great, but not so clean...

Also try this website http://cleanreads.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Jannet said...

So it looks like I'm gonna have to read Stephanie Meyer in order for us to continue with any future literary discussions...

Amber said...

i always love a good book recommendation! thanks! (i have read the time traveler's wife-it's good!)

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Love the Twilght series and I have always loved Tuesdays with Morrie. I am reading the Red Tent right now (it's a fictional novel about Rachel, Leah, and Jacob and the whole fiasco with him getting cheated into marrying Leah. Quite interesting!) So far it's pretty clean and really good-maybe you should try that too????

Daija said...

Thanks for the recommendations! I am always looking for good books to read, too. I enjoyed the Twilight series and I just checked out The Host and I think it sounds pretty good. I loved Book of a Thousand Days, but I have some friends that say they enjoyed Shannon Hale's other books better. I recently read a book called "Ella Minnow Pea" and I absoluted loved it. It is a very clever book. I also like the Uglies series by Scott Westerfield. They are really light juvenile fiction, but I enjoy those kind of thoughless books. :) The first three in the series are better than the last one. Sorry for the long comment.

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Good suggestion. I have seen that one and wondered if I should get it. I always like to ask people beforfe I begin a new book.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

THanks for the ideas, I've just been reading the same books over and over. So I'm guessing that I should start getting back in shape and take a dance class so that I'm ready huh! Maybe Jeremy could audition too. Ya right!

Heidi said...

Hey! Your family is so cute. I found you on my Mom's so I clicked over. I have some book suggestions. The Historian is beautifully written. The Undomestic Goddess is a funny book to read and very quick. I would also suggest joining goodreads.com because there are a lot of books out there that are very good.

Cort said...

oh yay! The Alchemist is my all-time favorite book! I am currently reading it again for the umpteenth time. Into the Wild and On Belay are both really good books...if you like adventure.