7.26.2009

sytycd auditions

So I went, I learned a LOT about myself, and I came home. It was a loooong day (13 hours to be exact) but I'm glad I did it. I'll have fun memories of it and it will be really cool to watch the season now that I got to meet some of the dancers.

My college friend Traci and my new friend Lindsey that I spent 13 wonderful hours with!



This is what happens when you're stuck right outside of PF Changs for 5 hours (how can you pass it up?)



Caitlin and Randi from this season

Look passed the girl in black and through the crowd and you can see a {not so tall} Cat Deeley

Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center-this is the stage we auditioned on, in front of the shows producer Simon Fuller, Pasha and Anya from a few seasons ago, Randi and Caitlin, and about 10 other random executives...talk about intimidating!

This was right after we sat down in our seats to begin the audition process. 8 hours later we were called up on to the stage...our smiles weren't quite so big.


Things I learned...
~This was way too stressful! I think I'm better off watching from home
~Its a very selfish competition and doesn't go along with my philosophy of dance
~I still love and want to dance more than ever, just not for people who only want to keep me around if I have "star quality"
~There's a reason I never dance in booty shorts
~I love my family soooo much! (I already knew that, but they really are incredible)

8 comments:

Elle said...

holy cow whitney!! i've seen you dance and you should've gone all the way! what kinda hussies are running this show anyway!?!? ;) i hope you guys are doing great! i love you're pictures of jade! so cute!

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Good for you Whitney. That looks like fun. Even if I was still up on my dancing enough to audition, I think the thought of leaving Brogan and Jeremy for that long would seal the deal of not auditioning for me. How did Traci do?

Sheen said...

good job lady! i would've put you straight to vegas if i were judging. i've seen you and think you're awesome!

i love randi! so jealous!

Scott & Katie said...

Whit- you seriously have such a great life! You do so many exciting things! Maybe it is because you are so darn talented and you have a great family...but at any rate I love love love hearing your stories so keep them coming.

Jeremy and Brigitte said...

Oh I know what you meen. I didn't meen miss them for the weekend during the audition, I meant missing them if you got through, you kinow for the duration of the show. You're Brave to even get on stage.

Mason & Laura said...

Whitney! I always think of you when I watch this show!! I'm so excited you auditioned, and I LOVE your list of things you learned. Your are awesome!!! (and is it mean to say that I'm glad you're not on the show? 'cause I agree with the things you learned! you're much better off with the wonderful life you are living!)

molnar ramblings said...

How brave and talented you are! I am so impressed that you did it! Me I would have been way too scared and unsure of myself!

You are my hero!!!!

Taralee said...

How fun! Okay LONG maybe but what a cool experience! :) So fun that you got to see Traci too. I miss your cute face!