4.08.2013

Milestones, Easter, diet, etc

4 months has been a major milestone month for Lochlan!  He is giggling and making silly faces all the time, he's super ticklish all of a sudden, he can hold toys and put them to his mouth, he sits up in his Bumbo chair and he rolled over for the first time just a couple of days ago!  Not to mention he has slept through the night or at least only woken up once most nights.





 A couple weeks ago for Easter we went to Heather's house in Idaho Falls so the kids could do an egg hunt with their cousins.
Even the adults got to do an egg hunt



 Months ago while I was reading Going on a Bear Hunt to the kids, I realized that the little family in the book looks a lot like ours.  I had the idea that it would be cool to piece together some of the pictures from the book and draw a family picture.  Believe it or not, this was a lot easier than getting everyone together to actually take a family picture.
 Jade started back to gymnastics!  She's incredible, and she's in a class with kids who are 6 and 7 so they're learning things like round offs and walkovers from a bridge. 
We're still doing preschool with our friends from Tetonia even though we moved.  Here's Jade waiting for school to start and her brothers not realizing they don't get to go.
And here's Jade's school friends, including our new neighbor (on the right) who she plays with daily.  We invited her to school today.
Remember this post about my diet change? Well a lot has happened since I made that decision.  Long story short, I realized it would be important to actually find out if I had a problem with any foods before cutting them out for good.  So I got this allergy test.  They take a fairly large amount of blood and test it for hundreds of different allergies.  Here are the results in a nutshell:
For 6 months, I can't eat:
Apples
grapefruit
nectarines
gluten
rosemary
chili pepper
sage
tumeric
chamomile
brazil nuts
pecans
asparagus
Red/green leaf lettuce
carrots
zucchini
pinto beans

Then I can begin to reintroduce foods back into my diet.

I also can only eat the following no more than twice a week:
cranberries
honeydew
lime
olives
pears
plums
pomegranate
corn
quinoa
wild rice
basil
ginger
oregano
parsley
fructose
peanuts
crab
lobster
bell peppers
black beans
brussel sprouts
cabbage
celery
green peas
mustard
tomato
romaine lettuce

So you'll notice that gluten and sugar are on the list, but not soy or dairy like I'd originally thought.  It was a doctor that suggested that possibly my mile long list of food intolerances could actually be causing my MS symptoms.  You can read more about why foods can cause autoimmune disease here.

Interesting, huh?

More on that later.

3 comments:

Jannet said...

Oh my goodness! Did he give you a list of things you CAN eat on a regular basis? Because I'm sure that would be really helpful! Kids are getting SO big! I love that Jade now has a good friend close by!

Daryn N said...

I loved everything about that post. except that you're allergic to every food on earth :) i love the pic of the 3 boys on the floor, so cute.
you are super talented. I'm very impressed with your drawing :)
i'm so excited to see your new house! it looks so nice.
I really want to find a place to do open gym with rachel, i think she would love it. maybe this winter she'll be old enough to take a class.

Sharon McKee said...

Crazy! I want to get this allergy test done. I think I was only tested for about 20-30 things with pin pricks on my back. I would love a cure for my eczema. Also, I just love your drawing. I want to do something like that for my kiddos. :)